Sunday, January 14, 2007

karaoke of the corn

so, friday night was my first night doing karaoke ever. it was pretty fun. in retrospect, i think my headbanging was stupid, and ultimately, kind of negatively affected by ability to sing, or whatever.

but, friday night, when i got home and went to bed, i had a strange dream about karaoke. one i'd forgotten about until tonight when i was driving home from church, though there was nothing to trigger the memory. it was a short, though fairly unsettling, dream.

i was singing my song, and i was done, and the people at my table were all clappin', yadda yadda, it's happy. as i went to sit down, however, this bizarre blonde girl (dreadlocks), who was ridiculously skinny, with these pail blue almost translucent eyes. she was standing there, just staring at me, so i said something doofy and asked her if i help her find anything, she just kept staring, so i kind of uncomfortable chuckled and sat down. i started talking with my friends, and i felt someone tap me on the shoulder, so i turned around, and there she was again, and there were more behind her that looked just like her, and i turned around, and i was completely surrounded. they all sat there, staring, not moving. that particular scene in my dream lasted several moments, and then i woke up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.